The purpose of the LS/CMI mentors forum is to:
- provide ongoing advice and support on the implementation and use of the method – particularly for identified mentors to enable them to help and support others in their area;
- contribute to any learning in and between the community and prison settings with regard to the use of the method;
- enable identification of any issues with the content and system that might inform future developments;
- develop and contribute towards quality assurance measures (supporting best practice in the use of the LSCMI…and risk assessment & management more generally).
- disseminate information in relation to updates/ developments/ learning;
Working with mentors, we are looking to develop the role of what are (or were) called clinical champions during the national implementation phase into more than just being the source of help and support for practitioners in their area.
Most of the members of this Mentors Forum will be first line managers who have adequate IT skills and are regular users of the method/ system. However, given line managers in some areas have a limited role in the actual use of the method, then a mix of practitioners and line managers and any other roles who could contribute (e.g. CJA Training & Development Officers have been included in some areas).
This section of the wesbite is currently under development but please bookmark this page for further updates. In the meantime, any requests for information on the above can be submitted below to our Quality Assurance Lead